So the folks at Antimite approached me with a familiar (and common) problem. They had a fairly fleshed out idea for a brand new logo, but were at a sticking point with the state of their existing redesign. The owner really knew what he wanted, and he was close to getting it – but not quite. Prodigi Studios to the rescue!
Here is the existing design concept as it was delivered to me:
so perhaps the inherent issues with this work are not painfully obvious – let’s have a closer look:
As you may see in this closer view of the first option – lines weren’t as clean as they should be…curves weren’t so nice…and there were quite a few hairline-thin pieces here and there that simply aren’t welcome in a well-designed logo/mark. Easy enough…time to do some cleaning up!
First things first…I didn’t see any recognizable font in the main typography, and after giving it some thought – I determined that drawing this word would be the best approach. Here’s how I drew it:
there. much better start. so then I gave it a little lean and moved forward with some more details. I presented several options:
then we hit a brief snag. I had tweaked the M to my liking, but not to theirs. So – quick adjustment, pick the favorite, done.
I did this for them. I can do it for you!